Immediate and strategic need for a SW Washington DC based Infrastructure / Systems / Performance Engineer. This position is a night shift role (11p to 7a) within our clients production environment. It is the responsibility of the Performance Engineer to review technical aspects of the applications at the run-time in pre production & production and identify any potential issues of inefficiencies. The ideal resource will have a very strong capacity for problem-solving.
- Provide solutions to reoccurring problems within our clients production environment
- Design tests to validate issues and the solutions
- Update application configurations/JVM configurations
- Asses the performance impact on integration points
- Communicate with partner teams on the solution, and follow up the issue through completion
- Monitor, Report and Respond to the following in SLR Environments
- Thread pool leak/Heap memory leak
- Cache generation/cleaning
- Bootstrap frameworks during server initialization
- Detect and eliminate redundant logic
Our client is an 80-year-old regional leader in the healthcare insurance space that has over 6 million members, supports 36 insurance programs and employs over 5,000 professionals. This organization has been recognized time and again for Workplace Excellence, World Class Employee Health and Wellness programs and has been honored each year since 2013 as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
Are you interested in learning more? If so, contact Elite Technical right away!
5+ years of Performance Engineering experience to include:
o Health Insurance Claims Processing applications expertise (big plus)
o Data/Statistical Analysis
o Java / J2EE code analysis (big plus)
Finding min, max, average
Getting and analyzing AWR for performance issues, validations
o Application Monitoring Tools:
Viewing data using tools like SQL Developer
Executing a query/Running Explain Plan and Trace
Plotting results and reviewing data for trends and anomalies
Reducing a set of data to a list of distinct values
o Unix/Linux Skills:
Editing a file/Executing a shell script
Viewing available disk space/Recommend the optimum
Find and kill a process by process ID
Take a heap dump/ thread dump
Restarting a server using the command line/Consoles
Demonstrate a basic knowledge of garbage collection
o Java and JVM Skills:
Open a Heap Dump/find Memory leak suspects
Read a Thread Dump
Domain / Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience within the healthcare insurance industry. Knowledge of claims systems. FEP claims is a plus
- Knowledge of EDI specifically ANSI X.12 transactions, e.g. 834, 837, etc. would be beneficial
- Alternative to Domain experience "Deep Analytics" knowledge and capabilities
- Infrastructure Engineer with a hands-on experience.
These skills are applied in many ways such as certification of load tests, support of production and development issues, and architectural requirements and design reviews., as well as a background in one or more of the following areas: Load Balancing, Java/J2EE principles, JVM and Garbage Collection tuning, infrastructure engineering, and data analysis.
Monday, February 27, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!