Immediate Fulltime/Direct hire with our client, who is responsible for a health insurance plans provided to their Union Membership nationwide. They are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist in ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government policies for the Federal plan, conversion plan, and to manage the accounting and financial reporting of the pension, incentive and compensation plans. This position supervises, motivates, directs and guides the accounting clerks in the maintenance and processing of payroll and accounts payable bookkeeping in an accurate and timely manner. Duties include overseeing the weekly payroll processing in ADP, preparing payroll related general ledger entries, performing payroll related general ledger variance analysis, preparing 401K file submissions and funding, and overseeing the accounts payable function in its entirety.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the resources within the unit so that predetermined objectives are met on a timely basis. This includes, but is not limited to: unit statistics/objections/procedures, Administering Plan policy and corrective action, handling employee/labor-relations issues, allocating resources based on workload considerations, and ensuring that appropriate processing policies and guidelines are followed consistently.
This position also requires reconciliation and analysis experience, an understanding of GAAP and ERISA regulations, non-profit tax and information reporting knowledge, computer proficiency in MS Excel, and the ability to learn new software systems. The selected candidate is expected to maintain a current understanding of complex accounting issues related to this position and recommend operational changes, as needed. This candidate will also provide reports/information as requested, assist in the preparation of the annual/quarterly audits performed by an independent accounting firm, which includes preparation of required schedules, confirmations and review of reports and represent the unit in various capacities within the Plan as assigned.
Want to learn more about this fulltime/direct opportunity? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of Accounting coursework and experience
- Minimum three years of experience in audit, accounting, or in a governmental accounting position.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS) -OR- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, time-management, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products; ability to learn new software programs
- Understanding of IRS Publication 15 - Circular E and the related supplemental Publication 15-A, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, and state and federal payroll reporting requirements.
Glen Burnie, MD
Monday, May 8, 2023
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!