Elite Technical is seeking a Senior Mainframe Developer to support our customer, a premier Federal Healthcare Insurance Organization, out of their Washington, DC office (100% remote for time being due to COVID, but plans to return to the office are for mid/late 2022).
The Senior Mainframe Developer will initially support our client's Technical Debt remediation effort, to analyze 170+ jobs that need to be obsoleted from their system, including all the related components - JCL, Procs, Control members, Source code, job documentation, etc. It is expected that the candidate will be able to support other project efforts requiring mainframe and/or java skills as well.
The selected Developer must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare reports to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare documentation and training materials as required.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, who is offering career growth and stability. Although this position is fully remote now, our client does plan to return to their Washington DC office in 2022.
- BA/BS in Information Systems or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years mainframe-based application development experience - REQUIRED
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL applications running under COBOL batch applications.
- Strongly demonstrated knowledge of DB2, including complex multi-table queries; imbedded SQL in COBOL, and DB2 batch applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and best practices of testing environments and processes
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with structured programming techniques
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong documentation skills
- JAVA experience a plus
Preferred: Knowledge of software development best practices (Kanban, Agile). Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus. Experience in the insurance and/or healthcare industry is highly desirable along with knowledge of enrollment systems.
Monday, August 15, 2022
6 months w/ CTH option
Monday, July 18, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!