Our client, the hydraulics leader for the aerospace and defense industry is seeking a Quality Engineer to generate inputs for non-conforming material reports based on inspection operations performed.
This is a direct full-time position in Westbury, NY. The selected Quality Engineer is required to work onsite M-F.
-â'¬- Use of standard record keeping documentation and ERP software for data compilation
-â'¬- Focus on continuous process improvement and lessons learned in a parts manufacturing, assembly and production test environment
-â'¬- Serve as the customer liaison for business unit field service issues
-â'¬- Conduct machining, assembly and test process audits
-â'¬- Serve as the lead in resolution of quality related issues
-â'¬- Develop and maintain quality assurance procedures
-â'¬- Designs and installs quality control process sampling systems procedures and statistical techniques.
-â'¬- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
-â'¬- Conducts failure analysis and corrective action reporting processes
-â'¬- Recommends revisions of internal documents when indicated.
-â'¬- Formulates or assists in formulating quality control procedures.
-â'¬- Makes recommendations for capital equipment with an emphasis on labor productivity improvement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical background. Preferred degrees are in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum two years of Quality Engineering related experience.
- Knowledge of inspection requirements associated with processing and finishing (heat treatment, anodize etc.) required.
- Complete understanding of engineering drawings, standards and manufacturing operation sheets for detailed parts, subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Has working knowledge of AS/ISO Standards, MIL specs, calibration equipment, MRB activity, quality control reporting system.
- Has a working knowledge of AS9102 first article inspection requirements.
- Must have the ability to understand customer quality requirements as called out in purchase orders and contracts and use this ability to interface with customer source inspectors and Government Quality Assurance Representatives for customer final inspection.
Monday, July 11, 2022
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!