Seeking Lab Managers / Systems Administrators with an active DoD Secret to join our client's cybersecurity team to support a new, long-term DHS contract. The Team personnel provide front line response for digital forensics/incident response (DFIR) and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. You will be employing security concepts, theories, insights, tools, and methodologies to mitigate system weaknesses and vulnerabilities, as well as Red Hat and VMware vCenter Systems Administration.
The position is Remote with the ability to go onsite every 2-weeks or as needed for classified work. 0ur client is looking to onboard as a direct employee from day one.
- Implementing infrastructure solutions supporting command decision making and execution of mission requirements
- Providing support for systems administration tasks such as patching, updating, and maintaining network infrastructure
- Supporting the implementation of new technologies and equipment in the lab environment
- Provision and provide support for Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (e.g., Citrix) to users
- Performing large scale configuration management and deployment across Windows, MacOS, Linux/Unix, and other operating systems and virtual environments
- Performing implementation of granular access control
- Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support
- VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments
- Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers)
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs)
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software
- Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs
- Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance (TS/SCI eligible), and able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) Suitability.
- BS Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or related degree and 2 years Red Hat Linux system administration with VMware VCenter experience ; or HS Diploma & 4 years of Red Hat Linux system administration with VMware VCenter experience
- 2 + years of system administration in Red Hat version 6 or 7(RHEL6/RHEL7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer, and maintain complex system architectures
- Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed
- Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Monday, July 11, 2022
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!