Immediate fulltime openings for Cyber Incident Managers with an active Top Secret or higher to support a DHS customer for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution.
The position is Remote with the ability to go onsite every 2-weeks or as needed for classified work. Our client is looking to onboard as a direct employee from day one.
- Correlating incident data to identify specific trends in reported incidents
- Recommending defense in depth principles and practices (i.e., Defense in Multiple Places, layered defenses, security robustness, etc.)
- Performing Computer Network Defense incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact
- Researching and compiling known resolution steps or workarounds to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents within the enterprise
- Applying cybersecurity concepts to the detection and defense of intrusions into small, and large-scale IT networks, and conduct cursory analysis of log data
- Monitoring external data sources to maintain currency of Computer Network Defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Identifying the cause of an incident and recognizing the key elements to ask external entities when learning the background and potential infection vector of an incident
- Receiving and analyzing network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine potential causes of such alerts
- Tracking and documenting Computer Network Defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution, and work with other components within the organization to obtain and coordinate information pertaining to ongoing incidents
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must have an active Top Secret and SCI eligible (and able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- BS Incident Management, Operations Management, Cybersecurity, or related degree and 5 years of incident management or cyber security experience OR HS Diploma with 7-9 years of incident management or cyber security experience.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber incident management or cybersecurity operations
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Having close familiarity with NIST 800-62 (latest revision), and FISMA standards as they pertain to reporting incidents
- Knowledge of the NCCIC National Cyber Incident Scoring System to be able to prioritize triaging of incident
- Knowledge of general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks, etc.)
- Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Knowledge of basic system administration and operating system hardening techniques, Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of different operational threat environments (e.g., first generation [script kiddies], second generation [non-nation-state sponsored], and third generation [nation-state sponsored])
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, PL/SQL and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return- oriented attacks, and malicious code)
- GCIH, GCFA GISP, GCED, CCFP or CISSP
Monday, July 11, 2022
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!