Immediate fulltime openings for Cyber Forensic Analysts with an active Top Secret or higher to provide support for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Contract personnel provide front line response for digital forensics/incident response (DFIR) and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity.
The position is Remote with the ability to go onsite every 2-weeks or as needed for classified work. Our client is looking to onboard as a direct employee from day one.
- Using leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Following proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols - Producing written reports documenting digital forensic findings
- Determining programs that have been executed, finding files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- Using timestamps and logs (host and network) to develop authoritative timelines of activity - Finding evidence of deleted files and hidden data
- Identifying and documenting case relevant file-system artifacts (browser histories, account usage and USB histories, etc.)
- Creating forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic image) to use for data recovery and analysis
- Performing all-source research for similar or related network events or incidents
- Assisting in preliminary analysis by tracing an activity to its source and documenting findings for input into a forensic report
- Documenting original condition of digital and/or associated evidence by taking photographs and collecting hash information
- Assisting team members in imaging digital media
- Assisting in gathering, accessing, and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems
- Using hashing algorithms to validate forensic images
- Collaborating with mentors to identify and understand adversary TTPs
- Assisting team members in analyzing the behaviors of malicious software
- Under direct guidance and coaching, locating critical items in various file systems to aid more senior personnel in their analysis
- Performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify threats to computer security.
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must have an active TS clearance or higher and able to obtain DHS Suitability. Must be SCI eligible.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree (two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education)
- 1+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Ability to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with the analysis and characterization of cyber-attacks
- Experience with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols - Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP
Monday, July 11, 2022
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!