Immediate fulltime openings for Cyber Network Defense Analysts (CNDA) with an active Top Secret clearance to support a critical customer mission by providing remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based, network-based, and cloud-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities.
This is a HYBRID position and it is expected they will need to be onsite 2-3 days with a 2-hour onsite reporting requirement. The onsite requirement is set by the customer based on mission requirements.
- Assists the Government lead in coordinating teams in preliminary incident response investigations
- Assists the Government lead with interfacing with the customer while on site
- Perform management duties as required to support the team, projects, and analysts
- Determines appropriate courses of actions in response to identified and analyses anomalous network activity
- Assesses network topology and device configurations identifying critical security concerns and providing security best practice recommendations
- Assists with the writing and publishing of Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Collects network intrusion artifacts (e.g., PCAP, domains, URI-s, certificates, etc.) and uses discovered data to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents
- Analyzes identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information
- Collects network device integrity data and analyze for signs of tampering or compromise
- Assists with real-time CND incident handling (i.e., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and advising on system remediation) tasks to support onsite engagements
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must have an active TS clearance or higher and able to obtain DHS Suitability. Must be SCI eligible.
- BS Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or related degree and 8 years of network investigations experience; OR HS Diploma & 10 years of network investigations experience.
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience in network investigations - In depth knowledge of CND policies, procedures, and regulations
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols - In depth knowledge of standard protocols - ICMP, HTTP/S, DNS, SSH, SMTP, SMB, NFS, etc.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Wi-Fi networking
- In depth knowledge and experience of network topologies - DMZ-s, WAN-s, etc.
- Substantial knowledge of Splunk (or other SIEM-s)
- Understanding of MITRE Adversary Tactics, Techniques and Common Knowledge (ATT&CK)
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack stages with respect to network security architecture
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Ability to identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
- Experience with reconstructing a malicious attack or activity based on network traffic
- Experience examining network topologies to understand data flows through the network
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- One or more of the following professional certifications:
- GNFA, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CASP+, CySA+, PaLMS, FedVTE - GSEC (SANS401), Arcsight (or other SEIM solution), Network+, Security+
Monday, August 1, 2022
Thursday, July 7, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!