Immediate need for a Release and Change Management Analyst who will be responsible for enforcing the change management (CM) environment, policy and procedure guidelines, CM planning, reporting and audits, CM documentation, managing the Change Control Board (CCB) process and coordinating product releases and Infrastructure changes into the Production and Plan Test environments. The selected candidate should be familiar with the latest standards associated with change and configuration management and has the ability to effectively support all ongoing Release and Change Management work. S/he should know and use the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures related to configuration management and understands the interconnections and interoperability. The Analyst will conform to the overall change and configuration management process improvement initiatives defined for use and execution in the department. Under direction from the Change Management team lead, the Release and Change Management Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. 70% Day-to-day Change Management administration to include coordination and management of Plan Test and Production environment implementations of new versions and patches, modifications and application of automated scripts for mid-range and client server. Enforcement of CM policies and processes, including coordination of outage approvals and customer communication. Development, coordination and management of monthly/quarterly application releases, including Plan of Action (POA) development
2. 30% Assist in the development and revision of CM policy, processes, and procedures. Enforcement of configuration management processes, reviewing CM plans and related documentation; updating various infrastructure support management processes and documentation; Change Management resource planning; gathering and reporting CM metrics; and interfacing with customers software development and operational support, network security and disaster recovery personnel.
We have much more to share regarding this Contract to Permanent opportunity with our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization based in Washington DC. Please contact Elite Technical right away for more information!
- This position will require weekend work (approximately 2x/month), with flexible standard work week hours to offset after hours/weekend responsibilities. Non-standard work hours are typically planned in advance.
- This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science or Business or equivalent experience and 5-7 years Information Technology experience in Change and/or Release Management.
- CM or quality certification training is considered a Big Plus
- Demonstrated experience in developing Plan of Action (POA) for application release activities, managing the RCA (root cause analysis) process, critical escalation process, and day to day change control tickets
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of the Application and Infrastructure Change Release Management process
- Ability to understand cross functional/application impacts and coordinate and sequence changes to minimize risk
- Ability to understand interoperability and interconnections between application release activities and incorporate that understanding in developing Release guidelines
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). (Waterfall methodology; future Agile methodology)
- Strong customer service skills. Strong verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in project documentation, as well as an advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools, including the use of Microsoft Excel formulas and macros. Should be proficient in team and video sharing tools e/g., Microsoft Teams (primarily used), Zoom, WebEx.
- Knowledge of mid-range and client server environments for establishing and maintaining configuration management practices
- Keen attention to detail. Team management skills. Basic Project management understanding
- Solid understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture and operating systems
Monday, March 4, 2024
6-12 month T2P
Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!