Direct Fulltime position for a Manager, Sales Engineering to join our client's growing team. This person will be responsible for leadership of the Commercial Engineering team for the DC, VA, and MD area within our client's Design Engineering organization, as well as business partner to the respective sales leader. This person will lead a team of roughly 10 consisting of Pre-sales Architects and Engineers. The team consists of roughly 10 individuals. This includes leading the technical sales strategy and managing the team. The role is responsible for account/project assignment, completion, metrics, etc.
In addition, this person will handle all aspects of engineer communications, coaching, conflict and problem resolution, motivation, reviews and documentation.
This is a Work From Home (WFH) position in the DC, Maryland, Virginia (DMV) area with up to 50% travel along the east coast as needed for customer engagements. Most of the travel will be within the DMV area, as well as NYC, Boston, and other customer locations (primarily East coast).
Primary Position Tasks:
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize sales, gain new customers, and increase revenue.
- Planning of sales strategies, the positioning in contrast to the competitors and the demonstration of the business
- Engagement with new and existing customers in building strategic relationships in support of increasing the company's value in the account.
- Keeps up to date on relevant competitive solutions, products and competition.
- Provide support for the sales team, manage team alignment to accounts, and ensure alignment to the engineering organizations mission.
- Report on monthly and quarterly engineering metrics
- Identify customer needs and propose innovative solutions.
- Performs advisory or consulting work for the organization for broad program areas or an intensely specialized area with innovative or important aspects.
- Other business duties as assigned
- Must be US Citizen due to client requirement
- Bachelors of Science or other technical degree in engineering, business administration, management or project management. Equivalent Military background experience and/or training is also considered
- 15 years work experience with 5 years in management
- Strong background in problem resolution, negotiations and goal setting
- Strong understanding of basic technical concepts across networking product lines.
- Excellent personal communication and interaction skills.
- Strong writing skills, with an emphasis on brevity and clarity.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Analytical skills and the ability to recognize the demands on the side of the clients
- Familiarity with certification programs and requirements for major partner vendors a plus
Monday, October 31, 2022
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!