Fulltime/Direct Opportunity available!! Seeking a VMware Engineer, with knowledge of Dell switches and services, to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to support our clients government project in Washington DC (Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Reston VA as a secondary location.) This position is mainly onsite, with some flexibility (1-2 days per wk) to work remotely. The selected candidate will contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Design, configure and provide administration support for the VMware vRealize Cloud Suite of products which includes:
- Work with various teams to understand processes and determine how to incorporate into the Cloud so they adhere to policy while being streamlined using automation. Provide Administration support of multi-location, multi-cluster virtual environments. Configure, implement and support VMWare ESXi v6.5 or higher. Formulate conclusions about the state of the virtualization environment using various reporting tools
- Work with teams, vendors and consultants to determine strategy for complex system changes, upgrades and implementations.
- Develop configuration and procedural documentation as necessary.
- Participate in integration and test readiness reviews, design reviews, and audits of integration and test programs and facilities.
- Must also provide tier 2/3 support of Windows environment from a sys admin perspective
- Conduct periodic updates and [patching for the Private Cloud Infrastructure over the life cycle of the systems engineering and Systems Development Life cycle.
- Administer Security and Group Policies of the Virtual Server and Virtual Desktop Architecture
- Administer the Host Based Security System; administer the configuration of the Secure Host Baseline software application for the creation of desktop security base lines.
- Administer the core general support systems, such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, and Active Directory
Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Top Secret / SCI is required. CI Polygraph highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of relevant work experience OR Master-s degree and 5 Years of relevant work experience.
- Must have either VCP Certifications (VCP 6; VHorizon certified; VDO certified) OR Dell related Certifications
- Sec+ or Higher is Required
- Experience performing operations, engineering or development functions in direct support of a broad range of infrastructure services including all of the following: Operating systems, virtualization, network, storage, cloud, cyber, and security.
- 3 years of experience supporting VMware vSphere AND Dell related servers or switches
- Experience with Dell hardware and infrastructure Experience with testing VMware SaaS/PaaS/Cloud/Web based applications
- VMware Certified Professional or some VMware certification; Expertise using vRealize Operations Manager, Life Cycle Manager or Code Stream; Experience supporting VMware-s Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- 3 years of experience using vRealize Automation and Orchestrator
- Experience developing code that integrates with VMware NSX; Experience using Github or Bitbucket. Experience using Ansible.
- Experience using Jira; Prior Federal government experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certification Desirable
- Scripting (Perl, shell, etc.)
- C and/or C++
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- PMP Certified
- CISSP certified
Monday, January 16, 2023
Friday, December 16, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!