Our client has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity for a CCNP Network Engineer to support a long-term government contract.
This is a Hybrid role that will require an onsite presence at the government's DC office least 2 days per week. Must be flexible to work onsite more than 2-days per week as needed. There is no defined schedule at this time.
The Cisco Network Engineer will be part of a team to to design, implement and operationally support security infrastructure projects utilizing the breadth of Cisco Networked devices including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus services. Off-hours work will be required.
- Provide a high level of technical understanding for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Interact with Hardware and Software vendors to address issues when necessary
- Use escalation standards and personal judgment to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Provide training and support to employees when necessary
- Accept and resolve escalated trouble tickets from Service Desk
- Work On-Call shift rotations with other members of the department
- Deployment and Troubleshooting of network equipment such as Cisco routers, switches,
- Deployment and Troubleshooting of Remote Access Solutions (Cisco AnyConnect and Cisco ASA-s, Cisco ISE)
- Deployment and Troubleshooting of security product suite including WSA, StealthWatch, Splunk, and IPS
- Generate Build of Materials, Cost Estimates and Solution recommendations
- Respond to cyber incidents as defined in incident response SOP-s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust (current Public Trust is preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least five (5) years- experience working in the communications/cable/IT industry required
- Active CCNP Certification is preferred
- Experience with Cisco hardware and software (Cisco Switches, Routers, IOS) (6500-s, 4500-s, 2960-s, 3850-s, Nexus 7000-s, 9300-s, 5525, 4125, ASA-s, FSMs, ISE)
- Experience with Windows, Windows Server, Linux and Unix (Solaris) OS
- Understanding of TCP/IP, VLANS and routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and WAN (MPLS) protocol
- Experience with Cisco Wireless, VOIP, and Video Networks
- Understanding of IP services (DHCP, TFTP and DNS)
- Availability to troubleshoot and resolve issues during off-work hours and/or extended hours when outages or projects required
NW Washington DC, DC
Monday, February 6, 2023
6 months w/ CTH option
Friday, January 6, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!