Our client has an immediate 6+ month contract for a Network Project Manager to lead the delivery of network projects for an existing government contract. This role is part of a large network services team who provide 24x7 mission-critical network operations services to the Government Agency in support of more than 45,000 users. As a member of the team, you will help to ensure the reliability and functionality of this network. Off-hours work may be required.
This is a Hybrid role that will require an onsite presence at the government's DC office least 2 days per week. There is no defined schedule at this time.
The nature of projects under your direction may include:
- Network Operations projects such as upgrades or major retooling of within enterprise network services, facilities network, wireless services, data center network services, and colocation network services
- Network Architecture projects including deployment of new enterprise network architecture and design
- Network Security projects to improve enterprise network security through new tooling or monitoring protocols
- Manage all aspects of Network Services project delivery including scope, schedule, financials, risk, staffing, quality, change, and reporting
- Develop and execute a Project Management Plan
- Provide Agile servant leadership to optimize performance and remove impediments for engineering teams consisting of a technical lead, engineers, and supporting roles
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across government and internal stakeholder groups
- Conduct recurring internal and client status reviews
- Ensure successful team delivery of technical network services projects that meet project objectives
- Maintain detailed project schedules
- Large projects may involve supervision of more junior project managers
- Lead risk identification and mitigation planning sessions, and manage risk remediation efforts
- Plan and manage resource and budget plans
- Maintain information currency and accuracy within a highly visible project dashboard
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager to collect and analyze project deliverable quality
- Maintain a motivated and high-performing team
- Deliver accurate project reports that include scope, status, risk, and budget information
- Generate Build of Materials, Cost Estimates and Solution recommendations
- Respond to cyber incidents as defined in incident response SOP-s.
- Interact with Hardware and Software vendors to address issues when necessary
- Use escalation standards and personal judgment to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Provide training and support to employees when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to government requirement.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust (current Public Trust is preferred)
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a Project Manager role leading project teams responsible for delivering mission-critical network services
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge in the field of network services including operations, architecture, and security
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Organizational Skills (ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner)
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical executives and managers
- Current ITIL Certification
- Possess current basic network certifications
- Knowledge of technical tools such as Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA, SecureCRT, TACACS, SolarWinds, and Splunk
NW Washington DC, DC
Thursday, February 23, 2023
6+ months w/ CTH option
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!