100% REMOTE and FULLTIME/DIRECT opportunity for a Cloud Engineer/SRE Professional. Our client is seeking a Cloud Engineer/SRE that will elevate SRE practices by promoting the reliability and performance of our clients core applications. This position will help steer our client from our current traditional architecture to containerization and automation. The Systems Reliability Engineers will use a software engineering approach to architect, design, automate, monitor, and build applications at scale. This position is expected to work with both IT Operations and development to optimize system performance, stability, and reliability. S/he will work with the different groups to figure out root cause analysis for issues and how to improve the process. Performs a full range of strategic systems planning, systems development and end-user support activities and ensure that these activities produce results compatible with goals set forth by management.
- Developing, configuring, and deploying software to be used by operation teams. This includes monitoring tools, logging, and tools to support operations of our core custom applications.
- Handling support escalation issues of core applications by working with Infrastructure and Development to determine root cause analysis.
- Develop system RUNBOOKS on how to support the applications on the container orchestration tools and within the cloud/on-premises.
- Manage container orchestrator tools such as Open Shift to effectively manage containerized applications running on multiple environments. Utilize tool to help scale the application and provide redundancy.
- Utilize cloud platforms to allow scalable, flexible, and reliable applications in highly distributied environments.
- Train and enable the developers to automate the provisioning/retirement of environments including the integration of the security tools.
Although this position is 100% remote, we can only accept candidates in the following states: AZ, FL, GA, ME, MD, MA, NC, SC, TN, VA. Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Cloud Engineer/SRE (AWS is the preferred platform) within 24x7 virtual infrastructure environment.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and Container Platforms (e.g. Kubernetes/GKE, ECS, OpenShift
- Has experience automating and configuration management (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Must have experience with WebSphere web server, including setup, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging (REQUIRED)
- Experience in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS is preferred)
- Knowledge of application performance monitoring tools such as DataDog, Manage Engine, etc.
- Setting up alerting and monitoring using tools such as Splunk is preferred.
- Experience in multiple scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node, Java, etc)
- Systems administration skills on Linux and Windows platforms
- Proficient in database technologies (DB2, MySQL, Postgres)
- Preferred Bachelor degree or Military experience in a technology field.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating a high availability infrastructure for a medium size business between 300 to 1000 users.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously; with a great attention to detail, operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
Monday, February 13, 2023
Friday, January 20, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!