Seeking a Network Engineer for a 6-month contract responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the customer's local and wide area data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting LAN and WAN infrastructures at all branches, including the data centers and offices.
Hybrid schedule (three days/week onsite in Midtown Manhattan, NY and two days/week remote). Travel outside the main location would be extremely limited and reserved for special projects. Potential travel locations include areas around NYC and PA.
* Designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting customer-s LAN/WAN
* Perform LAN/WAN debugging at the most complex level.
* Lead Network related projects.
* Manage performance and maintain security of networks at an advanced level.
* Assist in Implementation of policies and procedures for LAN/WAN usage throughout the organization.
* Act as primary organizational interface with vendor and provides internal analysis and support.
* Upgrade and maintain Cisco equipment across our LAN/WAN environment.
* Monitor all communication equipment in support of new product / process implementations.
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation and schematics for all network topology, equipment and configurations
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory of all network hardware and system software
* Other tasks as necessary from management
* 8+ years experience with Cisco routers and switches. (CCNA or CCNP is preferred)
* 8+ years of experience in the design, implementation, support, and management of complex LAN/WAN environments.
* Expert level Cisco DNAC experience
* Advanced understanding of routing and TCP/IP, BGP, Multi-VRP, and EIGRP
* Experience with Cisco Nexus 9K platform preferred. 7K/5K acceptable.
* Advanced understanding of switching protocols, VSS, Multicast, Spanning Tree, Port Security, QoS
* Experience with network traffic analysis and protocol analyzers (WireShark, tcpdump)
* Expert level troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
* Advanced working knowledge of Cisco 9300 switching platform preferred.
* Advanced working knowledge of Cisco switching & routing platforms.
* Knowledge of network maintenance processes and formal change management procedures.
* Able to effectively lead and manage high profile projects as necessary.
* Able to function independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of structured cabling principles and general datacenter operations.
* Strong oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Familiar with network security principles, tools, and best practices.
* Familiar with Enterprise-level Cisco Wireless infrastructure. Wireless Lan Controllers. Familiar with CMX is a plus.
* Working knowledge of ISE, Prime, ACS are a plus.
* Experience with data security audits and processes a definite plus.
* Experience in high volume, 24 x 7 production environments is a definite plus.
* Ability to be on call 24/7 for production issues,
Midtown NYC, NY
Monday, April 3, 2023
Monday, March 13, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!