Immediate long-term contract opening for a Technical Writer with a background in software technical writing and an active Top Secret/SCI to support a long term DHS contract.
The position is 100% onsite with a 2-hour onsite reporting requirement after hours as needed. Our client is looking to onboard as a 1099.
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Preparing, reviewing, editing and maintaining program technical documents including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings.
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement.
- Must have an active TS/SCI and able to obtain DHS Suitability. Must be SCI eligible.
- Bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university in English, Business or related, or 7+ years technical writing and editing experience with a high school diploma.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables such as engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences.
- Must have a background in software technical writing
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word and PowerPoint
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers, and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media
- Oral presentation experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Monday, March 6, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!