Immediate long term contract opportunity! We are seeking a DataDog Systems Engineer to support our customer-s Systems Monitoring initiatives for several SOW-s 2023 and beyond. The selected candidate will be responsible for software tool administration for systems and applications monitoring tools. Expertise with the monitoring tool, DataDog, is required as a backend Administrator/Engineer (not seeking frontend users of the tool, this is a backend support role). Responsibilities include:
- DataDog Administration experience on Linux platform to instrument Java based applications running on Tomcat Application Server. Manages, configures and maintains the DataDog tool on Linux platform.
- Responsible for Network Monitoring, Infrastructure/Server Monitoring (Linux, Windows, AIX) using Data Dog, Application, SNMP and Log Monitoring. Configuration experience in Infrastructure Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Centralized Loggin or similar Administration experience with ELK Stack - Elasticsearch (search and analytics engine), Logstash (ingest pipeline) and Kibana (visualization and creating dashboards).
- Configure centralized logging of all logs from different sources like WebSphere / Tomcat and IHS WebServers on AIX servers to Data Dog on Linux. Knowledge of Load Balancers like F5 to route logs to Log server. Handling different types of Log formats.
- Creates required dashboards with data visualization in Data Dog.
- Manages, configures and maintains the DataDog APM tool on Linux platform.
- Responsible for Java Applications- instrumentation with Data Dog, set up health rules and fine tune monitoring in Data Dog.
- Setup End User Monitoring / Browser Real User Monitoring of Data Dog for applications, using Java script injection.
- Creates Selenium scripts to monitor business transactions using CloudBeat-s Synthetic Monitoring.
- Provides support to all significant production issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field (i.e., Engineering, Applied Science, Math, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience installing, integrating, managing and maintaining monitoring tool DataDog (backend administration support role, not frontend user of the tool)
- Strong Linux platform (Red Hat) background. Understanding of SSL setup on Linux servers. Installing CA certs etc.
- 5+ years within IT, specifically good working knowledge of a variety of technology platforms in a distributed environment including: Microsoft systems (e.g., Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint), Linux/Unix, VMWare, SQL Server, database architectures, TCP/IP, VPNs, Mainframe, LAN/WAN technologies and architectures
- Log Management experience with ELK Stack - Elasticsearch (search and analytics engine), Logstash (ingest pipeline), and Kibana (visualization and creating dashboards)
- Experience with Network Monitoring and knowledge on Network components like Switches, Routers, Palo Alto Network utilization SNMP, F5 Load Balancers, WebSeal, Info Blocks, Gigamon, Network Mapping is a plus.
- Automation experience with scripting (Python, Shell, ANSIBLE) preferred.
Monday, April 10, 2023
Monday, March 27, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!