Elite Technical seeks a highly qualified Database Engineer to join a mission-focused team that maintains applications, services, microservices, configuration, integration, and support services. The effort requires the development, testing, maintenance, deployment, and enhancement of a network and underlying services/microservices- while identifying future capability needs and eliminating overlaps. The team will continuously improve sustainment and development in order to reinvest resources to provide new capabilities and improve the effectiveness, quality, and robustness of the underlying technology. The effort directly supports intelligence analysts and operators across the intelligence community and Combatant Commands.
The Database Engineer leads development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software; leads development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development; develops requirement recommendations from a project-s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems) ; directs the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project-s inception to it conclusion, directs organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries ; direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
Required Knowledge Skill, and Abilities include:
- Security clearance status of TS/SCI is required. CI polygraph test is highly preferred but attainable prior to offer
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant at IA Technical (IAT)/IA Management (IAM) Level 2
- Experience working on a development team under DoD/DIA Risk Management Framework
- Understanding of VMW products and/or CENTOS based architecture, Cloud, full-stack, OpenShift, and Java.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor-s degree in information technology, or information management and eight years of comparable work experience
- Working knowledge in architectural design and operational application in the following areas at the PROFICIENT level: Storage technologies, Storage area network (SAN) switching fabric products, SAN switching fabric products.
- Configuration, optimization, capacity planning, and troubleshooting of storage systems
Reston, VA or Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC
Monday, June 26, 2023
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!