Immediate need for a Systems Architect! Seeking a Senior Team Technocrat and Engineering Architect with 15 years of broad professional technology experience performing Cloud Architecture and Design, Consolidation, Optimization, Administration, Engineering, and Management of multi-platform servers for military intelligence infrastructure solutions. Keenly attuned to & skilled with architecture strategies founded on VMware Cloud Foundations. Extensive experience with enterprise infrastructure, infrastructure as code with specialization in Virtualization platforms. Significant knowledge centered on systems consolidation and virtualization products and technology. Experience in Information Security INFOSEC and Information Assurance IA policies and practices to ensure system security and data integrity with multiple organizations. Familiarity with STIGs and vulnerability scanning within the intelligence community. Experience engineering customer solutions on a per project basis, designing, running operations and executing maintenance on mission-critical enterprise infrastructures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, Development and Engineering Support to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community - Functional and Operational Test and Evaluation expertise to enact XaaS solutions. Application Development, Integration/Testing, Pre-Production and Production integration in a multiplatform, highly complex mostly virtualized environment
- Designs and implements vCloud infrastructure, for multi-tenant production, test and development environments. Supervise Application Development, Integration and Testing, Pre-Production and Production Integration processes.
- Advises team members on technical procedures Develop technical staff and build technical team to meet the Mission; Provides senior technical engineering lead role for an enterprise VMware vSphere 7.x/8.x hybrid operating within a hybrid Windows/Linux environment.
- Communicates skillfully various technically complex configuration specifications and parameters with key stake holders on simultaneous project workstreams to achieve compliant infrastructure strategies designed for VMware clusters, DRS/HA, vMotion, vSwitches, RDM, FC iSCSI datastores; designs and implements ESXi boot from SAN, VUM, P2V, thin provisioning, host profiles, OS templates
- Designs, defines configurations, and produces management frameworks using Dell Blade Systems; Lead storage and networking engineering design teams in support of virtualization build-out, multiple locations; provides technical leadership in the enactment of sound remote server management within a Cloud Infrastructure environment
- Provides Consultative leadership for the development and configuration of Configure Logical Unit Numbers, Provisioning Storage and presenting storage to ESXi Clusters logically separating storage utilizing Raw Device Mappings, Thin Provisioning, provisioning VMDK's supporting database operations
- Senior SME for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of the entire Dell / VMware Private Cloud Stack; technologies may include: PowerEdge solutions, backup products; Efficiently manages technical and business concerns with customers, account teams and other internal partners coordinate activities including DAE, host adds and SAN upgrades as well as provide onsite IT services leadership
- Oversees heterogeneous VMware deployments, installations and maintenance, advanced software troubleshooting, backup production readiness, DAE/host adds non-Windows , data migration, switch add/zoning, SAN maintenance
- Security clearance status of TS/SCI is required. CI polygraph test is highly preferred but can be attained prior to onboarding.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant at IA Technical (IAT)/IA Management (IAM) Level 2
- Bachelor-s degree in a computer related engineering field, and 15 years of applied experience in the development and delivery of IT systems architecture; 7 years of experience in virtualization, and 5 years performing as a systems architect applying and implementing VMware cloud solutions; or Master-s Degree and 10 years of experience.
- VCP Certifications Highly Desirable; optimally VCP 6; VHorizon certified; VDO certified.
- Experience working on a development team under DoD/DIA Risk Management Framework
- Understanding of VMW products and/or CENTOS based architecture, Cloud, full-stack, OpenShift, and Java.
- Superior command of could-based terminologies and vernacular; written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Latest VMware vSphere Virtual Infrastructure, VMware View, VMware vCloud Director, ESX/GSX/ESXi Server/Workstation, NetApp Storage Area Network, EMC Storage Technology, DELL/EqualLogic Technology, SSD Storage, Cisco and Brocade Fiber Switching, Dell M1000, Cisco UCS, Network Architecture, Network Infrastructure, HP/Dell servers, Nutanix Hardware, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange, Windows NT/7/10/, Microsoft Office, Microsoft WSUS, Patch Management, SCCM, SCOM, SCSM
- Entire Windows Generals Support System Technology Architecture - DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD; OnCommand Insight Suite, Platespin PowerRecon/PowerConvert, McAfee HBSS, Symantec Antivirus, Symantec/Veritas Netbackup, Veeam, VeeamOne, SolarWinds, Symantec/Veritas BackupExec, CommVault, Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, WireShark, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Tenable NESSUS, DISA Secure Host Base line HIGHLY Desirable
Reston, VA or Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC
Monday, May 29, 2023
Friday, April 21, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!