Your responsibilities will include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues. You will have the opportunity to become the subject matter expert for various subsystems of the aircraft and contribute to the overall design of the software.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment and provide leadership for its implementation. It is critical that you understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of automated testing to facilitate and analyze large data sets. The Software Engineer will participate in the full life cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer will apply technical expertise in solving complex integrations problems. The Software Engineer will interact with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers. Therefore, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. A Solid experience in Java, C/C++, or other OOP languages, in Windows and/or Linux environment is required.
- Ability to analyze the system as a whole and determine potential impacts of integrating new technologies
- Full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
- Work with various team members to integrate functionality with other software components
- Ability to lead a team and /or provide leadership to drive solutions of complex problems
- Support software working groups with the customer
- Ensure software best practices
- Develop software products from all phases of the software lifecycle
- Bachelor-s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 9-years of experience in software engineering OR a Master-s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 7-years of experience in software engineering OR a PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 4-years of experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated experience with C/C++ or other OOP languages
- Active DoD Secret level security clearance is required
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git and Confluence
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process
- Experience with formal software or systems test
- The ability to obtain and maintain special program access
Monday, April 24, 2023
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!