Our client has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity for a Telecom Engineer to support a long-term government contract. The Telecom Management Engineer will be primarily responsible for telecommunications management of WAN and Internet provided services including establishing and maintaining IT and digital communication infrastructure, including wireless or LAN networks. The Telecom Management Engineer will also support ordering, implementation coordination and provisioning of network services and components. In addition, management of network moves, add and changes. The Telecom Management Engineer will work closely with the WAN and Internet service providers.
The position is primarily remote, but the candidate will need to be in the DMV area as there are circuit-related actions tied to the agency's FPB.
Support will include the following:
- Work with WAN and Internet service providers and the Network Operations team to resolve WAN and Internet service incidents in compliance with contract SLA requirements. This includes performing network diagnostics and corrective maintenance tasks as required to troubleshoot and repair locally managed components, and initiate and track trouble tickets through service restoral
- Managing the agency's Managed Trusted Internet Connection (TIC/MTIPS) to include: Service management, monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Coordination of the installation, configuration, and administration of all network infrastructure and transport(s) including vendor provider Managed services, WAN Optimizers, Load Balancers, and QoS and CAR tracking/compliance
- Establishing WAN and Internet equipment maintenance schedules and provides customer notifications for pending maintenance dates.
- Conducting analysis on future network requirements. This includes participating in system engineering projects to research, evaluate, and recommend new network infrastructure technologies and capabilities
- Monitoring and reporting on network and Internet circuit utilization
- Maintaining and adjusting data routing schemes, including development and execution of Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans in the event of full or partial communication loss at one or multiple sites
- Maintaining detailed and accurate online network documentation including inventories, policies, procedures, configuration, and network topology with up-to-date network architecture diagrams
- Managing the Operational Risk Management Framework/Continuous Monitoring and Accreditation of WAN and Internet supporting network equipment in accordance with the NIST 800-53 control family.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Able to obtain a government Public Trust
- At least seven (7) years' experience working in the communications/cable/IT industry required
- CCNA / CCNP, ITIL and PMP Certifications are preferred
- Strong background and knowledge of Cisco network infrastructure devices, e.g. router and switches, to include device configuration and deployment, and systems level troubleshooting and optimization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, VLANS and data communications protocols and technology such as IPV4, IPV6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SD-WAN, MTIPS, TIC 3.0 and time division multiplexers (TDM)
- Experience with Cisco Wireless, VOIP, and Video Networks
- Understanding of IP services (DHCP, TFTP and DNS)
- Organizational Skills (ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills and usage of tools such as ping, telnet and trace route
- Strong communication skills are required
- Excellent documentation skills are required
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical executives and managers
- Competent administrator of mixed-technology solutions
- Act as part of a structured operations team in support of resolving technical issues
- Availability to troubleshoot and resolve issues during off-work hours and/or extended hours when outages or projects required
Washington DC, DC
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
6 months with option to extend
Thursday, April 13, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!