Immediate need for a Business Analyst to support our Healthcare Insurance customer in Washington DC. Although this position is remote, we are seeking candidates that are local to the Washington DC area to attend onsite meetings (1x per quarter). The selected candidate will analyze complex business problems and evaluate the practicability of proposed enhancements and system automations. As an ideal candidate you will collect and synthesize data, review current business processes, understand end-user needs in consultation with stakeholders and explain implications. Acts as a liaison between business users and IT development team. Analysts work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to create and update Libraries/User Stories, Change Management Summaries and Use Cases. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducts interviews with the business area, analyzing their IT needs in order to develop descriptions of moderately complex systems proposals.
- Prepare, review, revise and maintain Libraries/User Stories and Change Management Summaries related to business and user requirements.
- Develop software requirements specifications that captures the complete system and serve as the "build-to" specification for development.
- Serve as primary liaison between the technical team, product team and end-users for the purpose of establishing a common understanding of requirements and the as-built product.
- Develop system Use Cases that describe the system-s intended functional behavior and serve as a SME/Product Analyst.
- Create supplementary specifications that capture system requirements that are not readily captured in Use Cases.
- Define system quality, operational attributes, external interfaces, constraints, rules and other non-functional requirements.
- Perform requirements modeling and diagram flows which depict various perspectives of the system-s functional behavior.
- Serve as the development team representative during UAT for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software.
- Manage requirements traceability to include development of requirements traceability matrices.
- Triage support during software releases, which includes identification of relationships and dependencies between requirements, and estimation of technical effort.
Qualification Requirements (min of 4 years of relevant experience):
- Bachelors degree in information technology, Computer science, Business or equivalent relevant work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in the health insurance industry. Experience with 834 (Benefit enrollment), 835 (Payment/remittance advice), 837 (Health care claim). Knowledge of healthcare claims processing. Must have experience with Pre and Post Adjudication
- Functional understanding and experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) standards and processing.
- Experience working as part of a Scrum team.
- Expertise with requirements management tools: JIRA and SharePoint (required)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Strong experience owning end-to-end documentation creation process related to day-to-day assignments and projects.
- Capability to use industry standard requirements gathering and modeling techniques to understand and communicate the needs of the product-s user.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and standards, with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using SDLC with the implementation of Agile methodologies.
Tuesday, December 26, 2023
12 months (Poss T2P)
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!