Our client, a prestigious Federal contractor is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented, is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join their team in a hybrid role (home based and Sterling, VA) to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The position is Hybrid, and the candidate will need to be in the DMV area and available to come onsite up to 2 days per month. Our client is looking to onboard as a 6 months contract to hire.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting various border security efforts of CBP and includes biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join the team so you too can contribute to making our borders even safer than they are today.
- Active member of the agile software development team participating in all Program Increment and Sprint ceremonies.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications
- Develop and integrate with PostgreSQL server databases
- Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT
- Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement with the ability to obtain and maintain a CBP Public Trust
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field is required (4 years' experience in lieu of degree)
- 9+ years of experience in software development/engineering
- Middleware and User interface driven applications
- Exception handling integration with hardware devices and vend SKS
- Web Services development
- Excellent troubleshooting and solution skills
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- PowerShell, Python or Bash
- Docker and Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Agile development
Monday, October 23, 2023
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months CTH
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!