Our client, a prestigious Federal contractor is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Principal Full Stack Software Engineer to join their team in a hybrid role (home based and Sterling, VA) to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The position is Hybrid, and the candidate will need to be in the DMV area and available to come onsite up to 2 days per month. Our client is looking to onboard as a 6 months contract to hire.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting various border security efforts of CBP and includes biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join the team so you too can contribute to making our borders even safer than they are today.
- Be an active member of the software development team participating in daily stand-ups
- Provide hands-on full stack development contributions that range from client development of markup and styling to OS level services, and server-side containers and database technologies
- Demonstrate expertise in the design and development of ASP.NET applications and hosted services, and design pattern implementations including service locater and dependency injection
- Support Docker desktop containers and services such as Kubernetes or Kafka
- Provide database support for PostgreSQL, possibly SQLServer with Entity Framework code-first or database-first
- Utilize Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include VSCode and GIT
- Provide Tier 3/4 engineering support as needed for solutions deployed to production
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement with the ability to obtain and maintain a CBP Public Trust
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field is required (4 years' experience in lieu of degree)
- 9+ years of experience in software development/engineering
- ReactJS, VueJS for front end development
- Bootstrap and BootstrapVue or React-Bootstrap expertise
- Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
- Git, Git Tools, including GitLab
- C# development experience in a .NET 6 environment in support of ASP.NET applications and hosted services
- Strong expertise with Middleware and User Interface driven applications
- Agile development experience
- PostgreSQL or SQLServer
- JSON and YAML
- Node.js / NPM / Yarn
- HTML, SASS, LESS and CSS Skills
- HTTP(S) stack, RESTFul HTTP Programming
Monday, October 23, 2023
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months CTH
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!