Seeking Security Engineers in the Baltimore MD area! We are seeking Security Engineers with specific knowledge in Palo Alto firewalls, F5 and cloud based (Azure and/or AWS) load balancing platforms. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, availability, performance, security, capacity planning, and license management of our client-s Network & Firewalls Infrastructure. Candidate requires understanding and oversight of multi-cloud (Azure/AWS) connectivity with primary and secondary data centers. Position requires the necessary experience and technical skills to oversee the installation, configuration and support of the network hardware, firewall security and supporting software. It requires understanding and oversight of multi-cloud connectivity with primary and secondary data centers. Candidate requires strong troubleshooting and effective communication skills to extend beyond the Network Engineering team to collaborate with other technical teams, clients and vendors on complex infrastructure designs and difficult troubleshooting. It also requires the ability to multi-task effectively, supporting multiple products, running projects, and troubleshooting seamlessly.
These positions are Contract to Permanent opportunities with our customer, a major Healthcare Insurance organization. These positions are hybrid roles (onsite 1-2x per week) and will require ability to support a rotating on-call shift (on call for one week every other month).
Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- This position requires a bachelor-s degree and 10-12 years of experience in IT Operations or Systems Support, or total equivalent work experience. Active Palo alto certification is strongly preferred.
-Seeking 10+ year Infrastructure Engineering (Network technology: LAN, WAN, SAN, switches, and routers) professionals with the last 4-5 years as a focused Security Engineer
- Deep knowledge and -hands-on- experience with the various Palo Alto firewall platforms, F5. This includes the Palo Alto Panorama and Prisma platforms.
- Must have basic hands-on infrastructure cloud based knowledge in either Azure and/or AWS. Requires experience managing cloud network connectivity
-Basic knowledge of Cisco Switches/Routers is required.
- Must have network monitoring and troubleshooting. Includes the following platforms (min of one required): SolarWinds, AppNeta PathView, Opengear out of band access, Netscout and Iota packet capture, IXIA IxChariot and packet broker taps. Network monitoring tools i.e. Solarwinds, Appneta, DataDog, Dynatrace
- Experience with software maintenance and major code upgrades on Cisco, Palo Alto and F5 platforms. This also includes the ability to adapt to on demand emergency security patching.
- Deep knowledge and experience with SNMP, NetFlow and Syslog tools.
- Complex troubleshooting skills within an enterprise-wide network. Especially in high pressure situations.
Monday, November 13, 2023
6-12 month T2P
Monday, October 16, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!