Our client, an IT Services organization supporting commercial and federal clients, is seeking an IT Manager to to backfill an existing role with an existing customer. This role will be responsible for overseeing all IT operations and management..
The initial contract is for 6-12 months with the potential to extend based on job performance and business need. The role is 100% Onsite M-F in downtown Washington DC.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Manage Technical Services to a small team
- Provide guidance, support, and training to the Technical Specialist.
- Act as a backup to Technical Services Staff when they need assistance or are out of the office.
- Report any personnel issues to management.
2. Security, Policies, and Requests from Clients
- Work with management to develop and enhance Information Technology and Security policies.
- Respond to client requests for information regarding security and their data.
- Implement any required security policies, devices, or access
3. Wired Network Infrastructure
- Configure, manage, and maintain Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues
- Update network software,
4. Wireless Network Infrastructure
- Configure, manage, and maintain wireless access points
- Monitor the status of the wireless network through the management console
- Configure and support wireless printing for the wireless network
5. Network Security
- Monitor wired and wireless networks to detect any security anomalies or issues
- Configure and maintain user access to file servers, shared drives, and offsite tools
- Provide technical support and basic training with the Juris application.
- Provide technical support and training for CaseLogistix, CaseNotebook, and other litigation support products.
- Manage, configure, and update VMware server virtualization platform
- Install, configure, and manage Microsoft Windows servers and Ubuntu Linux servers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and update storage area network hardware.
- Monitor storage performance levels and make adjustments as needed to ensure fast access to data.
9. Unified Communications (telephone/internet)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and update Cisco Unified Call Manager, Unity Voicemail, and Jabber collaboration tools.
- Manage connectivity to the PSTN so that inbound/outbound calls are connected properly.
10. Inventory and Asset Management
- Maintain a list of all computer and server assets including purchase date, warranty status, and to whom the equipment is issued.
- Maintain software license agreements and quantity of software licensed.
11. Contract Management
- Maintain relationships with the vendors and service providers that firm utilizes on a regular basis.
- Ensure that Xerox meter information is sent to COS on a daily basis through an Internet portal.
- 2nd level support for HP printer problems.
13. Other Duties
- All tasks as assigned by management
- Any tasks normally assigned to the IT Specialist
* Four year degree in Computer Science or relevant field
* 8-10 years of experience in IT
* Previous experience working as an IT Manager overseeing IT operations
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Ability to communication technical information to a large audience
* Experience working with Cisco networking equipment, CaseLogistix and CaseNotebook, VMware, Windows and Ubuntu Linux servers, MS Exchange, MS SQL databases, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Unity Voicemail, Jabber
Washington DC, DC
Monday, November 13, 2023
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!