Our client, an IT Services organization supporting commercial and federal clients, is seeking an IT Support Specialist with a focus on Cloud to support an existing customer. The IT Support Desk Specialist is responsible for delivering world-class phone and onsite support to users across the Customer Enterprise. This role focuses on customer facing technologies such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices and associated applications.
The initial contract is for 6-12 months with the potential to extend based on job performance and business need. The role is 100% Onsite M-F in Fort Mill, South Carolina. This role requires occasional national and international travel in support of ongoing projects and service delivery.
It is the goal of Customer to transform the end user platform from an on-premise focus to a fleet of cloud managed devices.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Respond to and resolve user support requests, tracking incident and request tickets from creation to close, escalating to higher tiers of support when needed.
- Maintain physical hardware of laptops, desktops, and other end user devices.
- Maintain operating systems on end user devices, including patch updates when required.
- Install / Remove applications from end user devices using remote management technologies
- Interact with MDM solutions to onboard / offboard personal and corporate devices.
- Interact with MDM and inventory solutions to remotely configure applications, policies, or endpoints.
- Coordinate with external suppliers and partners the maintenance of equipment such as printers, network devices, fax machines, and more.
- Execute user onboarding & offboarding requests, including account management, application access, and assigned devices.
- Supports the day-to-day operation of secure endpoint devices, including removal of malicious software.
- Setup and maintain company meeting spaces and technology, such as Teams rooms, projectors, large screen monitors, and more.
- Assist with the installation of phone equipment.
- Maintain incident and request tickets in Customer IT Service Management Tool.
- Technical certifications such as A+, Networking+, Microsoft Technical Associate, etc. or equivalent experience.
- Entry level degree or diploma in Information Systems or related field or study (In lieu of a degree, a completed apprenticeship and 12 months of subsequent experience in the IT field).
- 2+ years of supporting users and applications within a Microsoft environment.
- 2+ years of utilizing Microsoft Intune / Endpoint Management or similar solution.
- 2+ years of supporting and implementing Microsoft M/O 365 apps.
- 2+ years in customer support role.
- 1+ years supporting printers and general office technology.
- 1+ years experience with IT Service Management Tools.
- 1+ years experience utilizing project management software.
- Understanding of PC hardware and ability to troubleshoot devices from varying vendors (DELL, Lenovo, HP).
- Basic understanding of networking concepts across all OSI layers. This includes, but is not limited to structured cabling, TCP / UDP packet routing, IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN technologies and more.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to adapt to the intended audience.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English - a second language is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team setting
Fort Mill, SC
Monday, November 27, 2023
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!