Seeking a Cloud Architect for an existing government contract with a focus on cloud architecture and design across a multi-account multi-environment enterprise cloud offering. The cloud architect will work as part of an enterprise cloud services team to and will utilize knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current cloud trends to develop cloud architecture solutions.
The role is 100% REMOTE with an initial contract term of 3-6 months with the potential to extend or convert to full-time based on job performance and business need.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing expert knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends to identify cloud architecture solutions with an emphasis in AWS technologies.
- Apply an enterprise view of cloud and develop designs accordingly and have a willingness to branch out into multiple cloud disciplines.
- Develop detailed documentation during planning and implementation.
- Develop and maintain cloud security strategies, including compliance monitoring and management.
- Develop of proof-of-concept pilots for cloud technologies
- Proactively work to evolve/enhance the existing enterprise cloud architecture (e.g. security, automation, monitoring, etc.)
- Collaborate with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine priority of needs.
- Collaborate with customer teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Implement architecture solutions/technologies using IaaC and SDKs
- Assist in leading the team/organization with establishing or evolving cloud best practices
- Effectively communicate complicated cloud reports to leadership and IT partners
- Staying current with emerging trends and advancements in cloud technologies and platforms.
- Must be a US Citizen due to government requirements
- An active Public Trust or the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- BS/BA degree with 12 years- relevant experience
- Must have at least 6 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure with an emphasis on AWS
- AWS Solution Architect - Associate certification required, professional preferred
- Experience architecting across an enterprise AWS multi-account multi-environment cloud architecture
- Experience architecting and designing technical solutions using combination of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience building and enhancing the enterprise infrastructure for an AWS multi-account architecture
- Experience creating enterprise-wide architecture artifacts, design documents, and other formal documentation
- Experience decomposing customer requirements and propose appropriate architectural solutions
- Experience in network design, monitoring, and security solutions
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT partners and management
- Experience with automated provisioning of infrastructure across multiple AWS accounts spanning multiple environments using Infrastructure as a Code
- Excellent technical leadership
- Ability to work independently and provide effective solutions
Monday, December 4, 2023
Monday, October 30, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!