We are currently looking for an experienced Engineer CAD CAM 3 to join our Mechanical Engineering Design team within the Launch Vehicles Division at our Chandler, AZ facility.
The Engineer CAD CAM 3 will work within the Northrop Grumman Mechanical Engineering Design/Drafting group as a Checker: responsible for checking drawing/design packages for proper content and to ensure compliance with applicable industry and military standards. Duties will include checking designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economy of fabrication. This may include review of tolerance analysis, hardware selection and fitment on assembly prints. Responsibility will further include liaising with Manufacturing, Quality, and various engineering disciplines. Some vendor liaising may be required as well.
The Checker is a recognized expert in GD&T and will be called upon to resolve interpretation issues on drawings.
Utilizing Siemens NX managed with Teamcenter, additional duties may include 3D modeling of fully-defined components and assemblies, creation/revision of parametric drawings, and verification of 3D models submitted for manufacturing.
1. Review drawings (primarily mechanical) with appropriate personnel, verifying completed work, checking dimensions, materials, and quantities to be used.
2. Train others on design and drawing practices
3. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows, NX, and Teamcenter as required.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately while under schedule pressure and exhibit a large degree of patience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable with working extended periods of time at a workstation.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain DoD security clearance
- Experienced with drafting practices per ASME Y14.100 and ASME Y14.3
- Proficient with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 (Y14.5-2009 preferred).
- Familiar with knowledge of standard manufacturing processes including CNC Mill and Lathe operations
- Experienced with use of commenting/markup tools in Adobe Acrobat
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Willing to work minimum 3 days per week in-office
- 2 year Technical Degree in Drafting or Engineering and 6 years related experience.
- Familiar with Industry Standard specifications (NAS, MIL, MS, etc.)
- Experienced working with DoD programs
- Experienced with Parts Lists and use of Find Numbers.
- Experienced with use of Flag Notes
- Proficient with model-based product definition
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill drawing and model verification criteria
- Proficient in engineering Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Familiar with modeling and/or drafting in NX11 or newer
- Experienced with use of Teamcenter
- GDTP Professional Certification
- Familiar with ASME Y14.41 Digital Product Definition Data Practices
- Experienced with weld design, especially per AWS D17.1 and D1.1
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and customers simultaneously
- Active Secret clearance
Monday, December 18, 2023
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!