Elite Technical is seeking an Application Engineer whose primary focus will be ensuring the stability, availability, and supportability of our client-s Enterprise application stack. This person will work closely with the Enterprise Applications Manager, Accounting, Marketing, Records, and other firm personnel to ensure all applications run optimally and without interruption. Good communication, technical and analytical skills are required, with a heavy focus on Windows Server and SQL (querying, reporting in SSIS and other tools, maintenance, documentation, and upgrades). Some programming knowledge would be a -nice to have,- but expert knowledge is not required.
This position is based in Hackensack NJ and is a hybrid role (3 days onsite per week). Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer, develop, and support the Firm-s Elite 3E platform. Including, but not limited to Thompson Reuters Elite 3E, Paperless Performa, Design Gallery (-DG-), Workspace, and Iridium.
- Application tech stack includes:
1. Scheduling month-end maintenance such as: Windows updates, SQL maintenance, query optimization, and security patching
2. Inter-department coordination during system upgrades; assessing and communicating risk factors of upcoming upgrades, primarily when integrated systems cause a -trickle-down- effect
3. Coordinate with application stakeholders and IT team to prioritize and address issues and future objectives for financial systems
4. Responsible for testing financial system applications during system changes, enhancements, upgrades, and monthly system maintenance,
5. Documentation of system setup, integrations, backup, and disaster recovery processes
6. Communicates and informs the department and management of project statuses, issues, and proposed resolutions
7. Manage vendor support tickets
8. Track and optimize system performance and storage utilization, plan for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth
9. Research and evaluate new tools/technologies to improve the current application stack
10. Utilize tools to protect application source code and maintain versioning.
11. Any additional responsibilities as required by management
- Minimum 3 years experience in management, design, and implementation of large enterprise applications in a heterogeneous operating system environment with hands-on experience in maintaining mission-critical enterprise applications at a high level of availability.
- Requires broad knowledge of the specialized and technical field of computer science and business/management acumen equivalent to a complete college or university education; includes thorough skills knowledge. 4-year college degree preferred; equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum of 5 years- experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of Windows computer systems. Experience with Microsoft SQL required, working knowledge of Active Directory administration and maintenance a plus. Experience with Thomson Reuters 3E and Foundations Experience management system administration required. iManage document management system administration is a plus. Proven experience supporting a large number of end users, 300+.3+ years- experience operating with legal accounting and time management software required, experience with Elite 3E preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in the Elite 3E SQL database schema preferred or demonstrated ability to develop such fluency
- Experience with maintaining 3E Templates (-Design Gallery-), Workspace and BizTalk
- Proficiency in Elite Application Framework and Tools; Example: IDE
- Knowledge of 3E Solutions Manager a plus
- Proficiency in SQL reporting (-SSRS-)
- Ability to learn functional and technical integration aspects of the firm-s applications such as Iridium, Foundations, Concur
- Experience administering Windows Server
- Solid technical foundation with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex problems and implement solutions with minimal guidance
- Self-motivated person with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with staff of varying technical expertise
- Proficiency in XML/XSLT transformation
- Knowledge of C# and Visual Basic .Net, HTML5 programming
Monday, January 15, 2024
Monday, December 18, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!