Seeking a Human Resources Manager for our client in Hackensack NJ! This position is responsible for firm-wide human resource functions, including resource planning, recruitment, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, benefits and employee relations. The selected candidate will provide managerial and administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer in the following areas:
- All human resource functions of the Firm, continuously evaluating current Firm policies & procedures, make recommendations for improvement.
- Firm recruiting, hiring, development and retention programs in compliance with state/federal regulations and recommended employment law practices.
- Determine staffing needs for the Firm; meet and maintain benchmarked staffing ratios and trends. Oversee non-exempt personnel including administrative assistants and other clerical staff to ensure that Firm expectations are being met.
- Oversee employee relations and resolution of employment conflicts.
- Work with Firm personnel to ensure the Firm-s compliance in handling requests for leaves of absence.
- Coordinate with Chief Human Resources Officer and Payroll and Benefits Coordinator regarding all Firm benefit plans, including 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan.
- Ensure the Firm has updated standard job descriptions for support staff & ensure timely review of job descriptions & position specifications.
- Keep Firm Managing Partners and Chief Human Resources Officer informed of HR matters; assist with any reports and financial analysis as requested. Assist with integration of new attorneys.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer or Firm Managing Partners.
This position is based in Hackensack NJ and is a hybrid opportunity (3x onsite). Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Bachelors degree in human resource management or related field, or a comparable level of training such as that which may be acquired through additional work experience. Prior law firm experience, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or PHR a plus.
- Approximately 4+ years of progressively responsible work experience with legal or other professional service organizations to gain the expertise needed to administer a professional HR system.
- Recruiting / hiring experience is required
- Ability to identify & analyze complex issues, able to recommend and implement solutions to same.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and maintain effective/professional relationships with partners, attorneys and staff.
- MUST HAVE worked within a law firm in the past.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail essential.
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft is necessary.
Monday, January 15, 2024
Monday, December 18, 2023
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!