Seeking a CNC Machinist to join our client's team of talented machinists at in their Elmsford, NY facility. This person will be responsible for fabricating engineered mechanical components for Advanced Non-Destructive Testing Machines. The ideal candidate will be both a versatile machinist and creative CNC programmer, proficient in programming, set up, and operation of a variety of machine tools.
- Develop suitable programs to run CNC equipment as needed to make efficient use of the tools available (Mastercam preferred). Programs should follow best practices to ensure ease of use and editing, as well as chip and power management.
- Ensure that equipment needed to perform the job is specified and maintained to ensure reliable operation. This includes defining PM schedules and cutting and measuring tool requirements.
- Specify and prepare material for machining, with an eye to limit waste or scrap. Coordinate with others in cases where external heat-treating or surface treatment is required.
- Utilize manual machine tools as needed, depending on the task or machine availability.
- Provide Manager and other machinists with support and insight to increase skills and implement best practice methods of machining.
- Inspect parts prior to use as necessary to ensure they meet specifications as defined on the print.
- Coordinate PM and equipment repair timing with NY Production Manager and other support staff as needed.
- Provide time and cost estimate information to Manufacturing Engineer to assist in maintenance of Standardized Routings.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field (preferred)
- Experience with CNC Machine types: Haas TM-1 and/or Wele Stealth 1165. Open to similar machines as well.
- 5 years of experience setting up and operating a variety of CNC machine tools (lathes, VMCs, etc.)
- 5 years of experience programming CNC machine tools, creating setup sheets, selecting optimal cutting parameters, etc. Programming experiencing must include both on-machine and offline.
- Experience setting up and operating traditional machine tools (lathes, knee mills, etc.)
- Blueprint reading mastery proven through years of experience with 1st/3rd projection angles, ANSI/ISO fits, ANSI/ISO tolerancing, GD&T.
- Training on proper use of measuring tools such as ID mics, digital height gauge, and other measurement instruments beyond basic calipers and micrometers.
Monday, March 25, 2024
Wednesday, February 28, 2024
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!