Elite Technical is seeking a section 508/Accessibility Compliance Expert. The individual will work as part of our client-s UX/UI Designing team to support driving the accessibility requirements for various Member facing Web Portals and contents. The expert will work with various projects teams involved with building the Web based UIs and help them with identifying the accessibility requirements, implementing these requirements and verifying to ensure that the solutions meets the Section 508 Web Accessibility requirements.
We are looking for 508 compliance expert who will define and design specific scope achieving section 508 accessibility requirements compliance for our web application. S/he will provide an initial assessment of section 508 compliance of our web application and suggest an approach to achieve the goal based on desired the level of compliance as per discussions with our client. The candidate will be responsible for leading & guiding the team on making the required changes to the web application to achieve the 508 compliance. S/he will provide a compliance assessment for 508 Section on the web application.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in this opportunity, please contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration!
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study and a minimum of eight (8) years relative Section 508 Compliance and Accessibility Technology experience; or equivalent combination of education/ experience.
- The 508 Compliance Expert must have a thorough understanding of Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and apply this knowledge to create strategies for bringing the maximum functionality to ADA users.
- Establishing 508 guidelines, policies, documentation and governance.
- Conducts in-depth review and assessment of remediation efforts and technical documentation. Identifies any areas of noncompliance, as well as areas requiring modifications / improvements (e.g., PDF file).
- Ensure that web application and other documentation of PDF file comply with Section 508 requirements (http://section508.gov/) and are easy, efficient, and effective to use for specific audiences.
- Leads test plans and test case scenarios. Verifies that testing meets required quality standards utilizing knowledge of the appropriate use of Assistive Technologies (AT) for testing. Conducts Section 508 testing via manual reviews, automated test tools and assistive technologies. Independently demonstrates testing acumen without utilizing testing assistance or support. Translates nonconformance to test standards into a risk statement based on the impacted user population. Communicates results, and reports deficiencies / failures to stakeholders. Provides alternative solutions.
- Stays current as to the Section 508 Refresh revisions. Provides guidance on impact of pending changes by the Access Board and anticipated standardized application of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Experience establishing and maintaining Section 508 capabilities within an organization.
- Experience with developing governance, policy and documentation; coordination across stakeholders; overseeing team and implementation of guidance.
- Experience in training and coaching on compliance matters.
- Advanced expert knowledge of Section 508 provisions and related application to policy, products and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of assistive technology (i.e., JAWS etc)
- Testing internally developed applications for Section 508 compliance and producing Section 508 compliance reports, establishing milestones for a corrective plan of action, and monitoring progress.
Monday, January 11, 2021
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!