We have an urgent and immediate contract to hire opportunity for a Secret Cleared Firewall Engineer to support a global network for a federal agency located in the Arlington / Crystal City area. The Firewall Engineer will ve responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining portions of the security infrastructure including firewalls and security applications within an enterprise environment supporting IBM-s Federal Infrastructure Managed Services team.
The Firewall Engineer is responsible for completing day-to-day management and operations of assigned security solutions and platforms to help detect security vulnerabilities and events which pose risk to the enterprise; performing platform lifecycle management activities (patching, upgrades, policy configuration, etc) for assigned platforms and/or tools; continuously assessing existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities.
Are you interested in learning more about this well compensated, growth oriented opportunity and chance to support a federal agency responsible for advancing US National Security by administering foreign aid and development assistance? Please contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- CISM or CISSP (must be capable of obtaining a CISSP certification within 6 months)
Required skills/Level of Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- Experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical and correlation tools.
- Requires knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across all existing computer platforms with specific focus on Palo Alto and Juniper.
- Understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper Netscreen, Riverbed knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to the standardized network topology, equipment, operational support and configuration.
Monday, August 6, 2018
6 months CTH
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!