Elite Technical is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to support our customer, a major Federal Health Insurance Organization, in SW Washington, DC. This individual will be a key member on the Enterprise DevOps Platform team that leverages DevOps practices, and tools to improve delivery agility. The responsibilities include research, development, tool-integration, training etc in support of the initiative. This will include but not limited to:
- Work directly with architect, product owners, technical lead and other team members on design, development, tool integration etc.
- Accountable for meeting delivery milestones
- Work with delivery teams to help them adopt DevOps practices, and tooling.
- Documentation of design, best practices etc.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Elite Technical Immediately for consideration!
- Proven previous experience with software architecture & design with open mind to pick up new architecture
- Strong technical leadership and passion for staying ahead of the technology curve.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, and methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Experience and deep expertize with DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, test automation etc), enabling tools and technologies.
- Breadth of experience on many technology stacks (e.g. Java, Pega, J2EE, Mainframe, Java script, python, other scripting languages, Ansible, Jenkins, Atlassian devops tools etc) and deep knowledge in a subset of technology stacks.
- Minimum 5+ years of recent extensive hands on development experience.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Struts, Spring, Maven, Gradle, Unit testing frameworks, Acceptance testing frameworks etc.
- Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers like WebSphere, Tomcat etc
- Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL's (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
- Experience mentoring developers to use new practices, and tools.
- Working knowledge of Web Services and REST API's.
- Previous experience with Workflow and Rules Engine a plus
- Experience administering any devOps tools a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins, Atlassian Bitbucket, Artifactory/Nexus, Ansible or other DevOps tools.
Monday, February 4, 2019
6-12 month (Poss T2P)
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!