Elite Technical is seeking a Telecom Analyst to provide Tier I/II phone support within a retail environment for a multi-billion company. This will be a 3-6 months contract with the potential to become long term based on individual performance and business need. Work Hours: M-F 8a-4:30p/9a-5:30p/10a-6:30p, but should be flexible to work weekends and holidays as required.
The Telecom Analyst will be part of an existing small telecom team responsible for coordinating installs and moves with various phone carriers across the US for approximately 500 plus retail stores and 3,000 counter stores. Additionally this person will be the point person when dealing with outsourced NOC and telecom technicians.
Day to day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform basic troubleshooting of network connections and equipment
- Be able to demonstrate patience supporting people who are extremely non-technical
- Basic Telephone and Fax machine troubleshooting (Hardware and phone lines)
- Working with Phone Carriers (opening trouble repair tickets, escalations, new installations, moves and cancellations)
- Coordination with wiring vendors (Retail Stores and Partner Store Locations i.e. Macy-s, Belk, Dillard-s etc..)
- Be able to navigate through Excel - used for documentation purposes
- Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
- Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
- Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
- Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- 5+ years of experience with Telecom support (DSL, Phone lines)
- Experience working with Carriers
- Strong network troubleshooting experience
- Ticketing System: ServiceNow or alternative
- Experience working Excel
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have a reliable car
- Must pass background check (criminal) and drug test prior to starting
Monday, August 27, 2018
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!