Crucial job opportunity for a Broadcast Technical Manager as a lead level Administrator of Operations and Technical Support for our customer in Montgomery County. This is a full time employment opportunity for a Technical / Operations lead that will provide frontline operational and technical support for editing, graphic design and duplication, and is responsible for file-based content administration and processing.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise for video facility and staff, encompassing all related disciplines such as operational system support, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Provide system upgrade and long term planning recommendations.
- Act as Media Administrator for ISIS/NEXIS and Avid asset management (Interplay/Media Director/Media Central)
- Administer, Support, and Operate LTO Archive (client uses Xendata)
- Administer, Support, and Operate file based standards conversion and time compression systems (Client uses Imagine SelinioFlex for encode and transcode and Alchemist for conversion and compression)
- Administer, Support, and Operate cloud based file storage and transfer
- Provide Multimedia support for associated Urban One properties
- Design and implement encode/transcode based workflow for the video facility.
- Design software workflows for transcodes, standards conversions and time compression
- Orient freelance editors to video facility; Communicate all necessary project information to editors, producers, and any other involved party
- Work with outside production companies to ensure proper delivery of video files.
- Report system anomalies, equipment problems, employee relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise
- Act as an Avid Editor when necessary.
The selected job seeker will possess excellent project management, organizational, administrative and time management skills, with proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with tight deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Bachelor-s Degree in Communications or related field preferred
- 10 + years- experience in Broadcast Post Production, Engineering or Operations.
- AVID certifications preferred (ACSR - Avid Certified Service Representative - and ACI - Avid Certified Instructor )
- Full knowledge of, and ACSR certification for, Avid Media Composer, Avid ISIS/NEXIS Storage, and Avid asset management (Interplay/MediaCentral)
- Possess excellent project management, organizational, administrative and time management skills - effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with tight deadlines with little or no supervision
- Full knowledge of file and tape formats
- Full knowledge of VTR and Router operation
- Full knowledge of LTO Archive software and hardware
- Working knowledge of standards conversions and international delivery formats
- Working knowledge of encode hardware and transcode software applications.
- Working knowledge of field and studio production and an ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer literacy - Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including staff and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Detail oriented, well-organized, able to effectively multi-task
This is a career making move to one of the fastest growing cable network that now serving over 50 million households representing a connection to the authentic, rich, and diverse experience of African American life, history, and culture. This position is a highly visible, difference making and a strategic role within our client-s organization. The job opportunity is well compensated and offers full benefits.
Silver Spring, MD
Monday, September 3, 2018
Monday, August 13, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!