Immediate job opening for a Mainframe / Cobol oriented Software Engineer to work on our clients health insurance enrollment delivery systems that is used by federal employees to enroll and manage their healthcare benefits. The software is also utilized by benefits administrators and management professionals both internally and Blue Cross / Blue Sheild personnel.
Within this role you will be part of a matrixed team of software development professionals providing application development expertise to facilitate the on-time delivery of projects and major release upgrades for highly complex, mission critical systems. Expected engineeering tasks and deliverables include:
* Performs and sometimes leads the detailed analysis, technical design, coding, code review and testing of new applications and/or enhancements of existing applications.
* Assists manager or Scrum Master in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks as necessary.
* Provide estimates of work, assist with resource/time allocations, properly follow project life cycle, develop and document technical designs, support testing cycles and support software implementations.
* Meet with clients and other members of the project team to identify or clarify requirements to better achieve desired outcomes.
* Recommend technical solutions to project team and/or offer alternative solutions when appropriate.
* Facilitates communication between all key IT groups and the client community through meeting participation.
To be considered the Software Engineer has a background, knowledge and experience that clearly demonstrates the following:
* Practical background Health Insurance industry OR Healthcare Payer systems . Knowledge of enrollments systems a plus.
* 8 + years of IBM Mainframe Software Engineering experience with knowledge and abililities that include:
(1) COBOL and DB2 development
(2) JAVA applications running under AIX/Linux
(3) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) knowledge and experience with web services is strongly preferred, but not required
Position reports to the Manager, Enrollment Delivery and will coordinate assignments with Project and Program Management and the associated Scrum teams
**About the Organizations**
From health to wealth to well-being, Elite Technical believes that you deserve the best. We offer our team members an assigned recruiter representative, proactive support, competitive compensation, weekly payroll cycle and access to a comprehensive benefits program.
Our client is an exceptional organization servicing the Federal Marketplace offering Health Insurance. They are experiencing exceptional growth and have a track record of integrating professionals into the organization and providing opportunities for learning, career growth and advancement.
Are you interested in learning more about this opportunity. Are you a Communications Specialist with a background in Organizational IT Transformation? If so, please contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration. Thank you in advance
Monday, September 24, 2018
6-12 months+ (Poss T2P)
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!