Our client, a Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, is seeking a Release Manager to assist them in a move from a tactical release management environment to an enterprise release management environment. This position is based in Washington, DC, and could become a permanent position with the client after 3 months of contracting.
The goal is to enhance the procedures and processes for packaging implementations. The selected Release Manager will create a journey map of the existing processes that occur within a number of areas to promote code to production and define guidelines and a schedule to streamline the process for anything going to production. The enterprise release management team will manage this process. Experience planning and coordinating release implementations on a quarterly and monthly basis, with no issues during the implementations that require backing out the implementation. Implementations include infrastructure work, enhancements to business processes and products, defect fixes, emergency fixes, etc..
If you, or someone you know, is interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Elite Technical immediately!
- Candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge of Release Management, especially implementing work into production as frequently as each month. The organization has done quarterly implementations for years. The ideal candidate will have experience with moving an organization to planning a new velocity for its production implementations.
- Experience with Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint, MS Office, Visio. Clarity is highly desired.
- Ability to escalate and articulate concerns to reach a solution that may contain compromise for all involved, but a positive closure to the issue. Ensures all deliverables are on time, on budget, and with quality.
- Requires a depth of knowledge of system development methodologies (waterfall and Agile, in particular)
- Candidate must analyze risks and project dependencies across the Portfolio, establishes contingency plans, identifies trigger events, and takes responsibility for initiating mitigating actions for each Release to ensure the appropriate levels of the organization and customer stakeholders are aware of the Release risks.
- Gathers stakeholder input and ranks the top risks in terms of total impact. Communicate risks to program managers, stakeholders, and business sponsors; escalate issues and risks for mitigation.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to:
1. Write SOPs and other process documents
2. Prepare and present status, issues/risks/dependencies to executive leadership and the organization
3. Identify and track metrics that reflect progress with achieving successful implementations
4. Analyze data from schedules, risks/issues, dependencies to identify conflicts and adverse impacts to the ability to achieve a successful implementation
Monday, November 5, 2018
3-6 month (Poss T2P)
Thursday, October 4, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!