Elite Technical is seeking an experienced CAD designer for a long term position with a highly regarded defense client in Minneapolis. Due to the nature of the work performed at this client facility, any candidate seeking consideration must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD secret clearance.
Sampling of job responsibilities:
Performs design and drafting of both electrical and mechanical aspects of electrical/electronic equipment.
Designs wiring harnesses; performs layout drawing and checking of schematic diagrams as supplied in rough form by electrical engineering; makes wiring diagrams from schematic diagrams (vice-versa).
Performs overall line replaceable unit (LRU) chassis and housing design/drafting, including overall system packaging.
Selects LRU/wiring harness components such as electrical connectors, electrical accessories, wire, shielding, shield terminators, terminal lugs, etc.
Produces schematic diagrams and/or CAD drawings for submission to customers, plant, operations or outside vendors to produce the specified LRU/wiring harnesses and cable assemblies.
Output must be able to be entered directly into data management configuration control.
Associate Degree in a relevant technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; plus a minimum of 9 years experience; or relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus an additional 5 years experience
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles
- Ability to complete designs from beginning to end: including concept development, review, detailed design, documentation, verification and validation of simple sub-systems.
- Ability to utilize advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages and integration/verification procedures.
- Expert knowledge of CAD drafting/modeling and design techniques.
- Experience designing wiring harnesses/cable assemblies, routing of wiring harnesses/cable assemblies and developing wiring harness/cable assembly drawings
- Understanding of drawing generation utilizing Pro-E and Pro-Cable (minimum 2-3 years experience)
- Understanding of MIL-STD-100, ANSI Y14.5/14.41, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD and T).
- Understanding of wire routing utilizing Routed Systems (minimum 2-3 years experience)
- Working knowledge of military electrical connector and electrical cabling specifications. Capable of creating wiring harness schematics with Visio Technical
- The Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment for this position requires highly cooperative team working skills, as well as very good oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering and electro-mechanical engineering tools is highly desired
Monday, June 3, 2019
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!