Elite Technical is seeking a mechanical engineer with experience in the performance analysis of high-precision mechanical components for a long-term position in Palm Bay, FL. Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking to be considered must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
We are looking for a detail oriented Mechanical Engineer with a strong analytical background who enjoys the challenge of designing and analyzing cutting edge space products. In this role, the selected candidate will support various engineering activities from the architecture and requirements development phase of a program, analysis and requirements verification, all the way to the integration our client's hardware to the spacecraft.
- Responsible for ensuring that precision reflectors are correctly shaped on orbit under all operating conditions. Regular activities include predicting thermal distortions on orbit, backing out gravity effects during assembly, and deriving nominal geometry and loads for production.
- Responsible for overseeing manufacturing of the reflectors including adjusting the mechanical assembly to optimize mechanical accuracy and alignment during production.
- Verify that all sub-assemblies are meeting their performance requirements to achieve overall reflector performance within system level budget allocations.
- Perform analysis tasks on precision mechanisms and large deployable structures in a program team environment.
- Program support includes requirements derivation and verification, system architecture development, loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and leading system integration / test activities.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Degrees must be in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or closely related discipline.
- Experience with space flight hardware analysis including precision mechanisms, composite structures, metallic, plastic, and composite components.
- Experience with material testing and FEA correlation techniques for both linear and non-linear structures.
- Proficiency with linear and experience with non-linear finite element analysis theory and techniques.
- Experience with metrology tools and methods including coordinate system transformations and precision measurements / alignments.
- Proficiency with industry standard modeling and analysis tools such as FEMAP, NASTRAN, MathCAD, and Matlab.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Strong analytical aptitude and background for problem solving.
- Previous experience in both leading and tasking inter-disciplinary groups (from engineering to integration technicians) to perform complex system design / manufacturing activities.
- 3D modeling software experience (CREO or similar) is beneficial.
Palm Bay, FL
Monday, July 29, 2019
Monday, July 8, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!