Elite Technical is seeking an experienced Program Finance Specialist for a contract position with a highly regarded aerospace and defense client in Rochester, NY. Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking consideration must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD secret clearance.
Participates in the planning and implementation of a sound financial review and control function to assist Program Management in executing program finance and cost control responsibilities.
- Develops an effective team relationship and provides needed support under the direction of the Program Finance Lead to Integrated Product Team Leaders (IPTs)/Work Flow Managers and/or Project Managers.
- Assists in the development and documentation of the Project's baseline plan.
- Prepares manpower and dollar budgets for all functional elements (WBS) contributing cost input to the program; establishes and implements approved budgets.
- Reviews cost factors to ensure consistency with company policy and past and current actual performance levels.
- Assists the Program Manager and team in handling daily operating problems as they affect program costs and the overall financial position.
- Completes special assignments as required in support of the program, such as preparation of program/financial detailed reports.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of program financial cost elements as they pertain to the broader organizational financial results and impacts including project estimating, contract terms and revenue recognition.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline;
5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance;
Project/program finance experience on large defense contracts and various contract types;
Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of project control functions: establishing baseline plans, controlling cost and schedule functions, change management, WBS development and SOW mapping.
Demonstrated Earned Value Management expertise;
Experience with EVM Software (preferably MPM);
Experience generating IMPR Formats 1-5;
Integrated Baseline Review Experience;
Experience with SAP/Business Objects or Peoplesoft
Monday, August 26, 2019
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!