Seeking a Help Desk Manager with one (1) year of management experience to support a new five (5) year federal contract in Washington DC. The Help Desk Manager will manage a team of service staff and the service desk function in support of a broad range of complex information resources, systems and business processes. Help Desk Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Service desk provides efficient, professional, client focused support services to OPIC's community via maintenance and support which includes investigation, diagnosis, escalation/resolution, recovery and communication.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage to service-level objectives for the service desk and ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Monitor service desk trends to identify potential enterprise issues; determine solutions to mitigate repeat service desk calls; and/or identify areas that might require user education or outreach.
- Ensure Service Desk staff are client focused, able to increase satisfaction, deepen relationships, and effectively manage expectations for a variety of users
- Manage the team as project resources, scheduling their services as well as identifying domain areas of expertise
- Make recommendations for user technology procurement to the OCIO management team and be responsible for overseeing various technology deployment projects.
If you're a Help Desk Manager with the ability to obtain a Public Trust, please APPLY for immediate consideration.
- Must be US Citizen due to gov't contract requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust (active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required. Requires 5 years of IT experience with relevant technical experience supporting a variety of business applications, desktop and mobile technologies, business processes, enterprise systems, databases and/or CRMs.
- One (1) year of managing staff with proven leadership ability, preferably in a service desk environment
- Experience using scripting languages and/or Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills as well as a working knowledge of current technologies
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and ability to manage a high volume of work essential
-Must exhibit tact and mature judgement in handling confidential information
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must possess and maintain good interpersonal relationships in team atmosphere
- Ability to have courteous and professional interaction with staff and provide strong customer service base for all organizational technology needs
- Willingness to learn about new technologies and take on new challenges
Washington DC, DC
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months CTH
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!