Elite Technical is currently seeking a SOC Analyst to join our customer, a Federal IT Solutions organization, in in Atlanta Georgia (North Druid Hills area). The selected candidate will be part of the Security Monitoring and Response team which provides Department-wide 24x7 security, network system monitoring and incident handling. This includes monitoring, reporting, coordination and escalation, where applicable, of events and tracking of Department incidents. The SOC Analyst is responsible for providing effective security monitoring and incident response through triage, investigation, communication, and reporting.
o Active participant in 24x7 operations of the HHS SOC.
o Experience with/Knowledge of Enterprise Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) systems, IDS devices, firewalls, and/or antivirus management.
o Perform PCAP analysis
o Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs.
o Monitors security incident and event management (SIEM) and logging environments for security events and alerts to potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
o Assists with triage of service requests from customers and internal teams
o Assists with the containment of threats and provides guidance for remediation of the environment during or after an incident.
o Documents event analysis and writes comprehensive reports of incident investigations.
o Collaborate with technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate events.
This is an opportunity to join an organization that is experiencing growth both organically and through acquisition leading to providing increasingly more sophisticated and strategic solutions for the US Government. The result is increasing career growth and employment security for you.
Are you interested in learning more about this position? If so, please APPLY for immediate consideration.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a SOC Analyst.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience. Five (5) years of direct related experience in related field may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Previous experience with network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote.
- Previous experience monitoring and responding to alerts from network devices and work directly with vendors during circuit outages.
- Knowledge of/Experience with the following (at least two):
- Lancope (Stealth Watch)
- RSA Netwitness
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing in depth log analysis.
- Ability to think outside the box when investigating events.
Monday, October 28, 2019
6-12 month T2P
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!