Our client is seeking Senior Level IBM Systems Developer with Engineering, System Documentation and maintenance experience to join their project team in Reston VA. You will be joining a project team that is examining, identifying, mapping and documenting out all of the functions of the production IBM Mainframe and AIX WebSphere Systems environment including; COBOL/DB2 CICS, MVS, AIX, WebSphere applications, JAVA, Pega BPM (or equivalent) and JCL as the initial step to migrate to commodity based distributed platform to be determined in the future. Additional responsibilities include handling maintenance tasks and potential troubleshooting as needed.
This is a long term contract engagement. The compensation is above prevailing wage. In addition, Elite Technical pays on a weekly pay cycle.
Our client is a premier Federal Health Insurance organization in Reston VA and a technology leader in Healthcare Payer Systems. Are you interested in learning more? If so, please APPLY or contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration.
Qualified IBM Mainframe professionals will bring the following skill set:
o 8 years of mainframe and WebSphere Systems Development experience including:
- COBOL, JAVA, DB2 Development experience
- IBM WebSphere and WebSphere MQ
- Pega OR equivalent Rules Engine Software
- JCL/SQL error handling and debugging
- Work with large, sequential, variable length files
- System and application Testing
- System engineering and documentation
o Expected professional attributes include:
- Strong analytical & problem solving
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
o Additional knowledge and capabilities that are a PLUS:
- Online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Contributor on an IBM Mainframe migration project
- Exposure to Distributed Systems (Linux, MySQL etc-)
- Integration with Java Applications
- Healthcare Insurance
- Enrollment, Benefits, Claims Processing
Software Tools in the environment include; COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, REXX, Xpediter, IBM Utilities, ChangeMan, FileAid. Sync Sort, Data Studio - Rocket Shuttle, Microsoft Suite
Monday, June 15, 2020
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!