Information Security Systems Engineer, responsible for architecture development, design, implementation and operational processes for an enterprise serving Government and commercial telecommunications WAN domains. Formulates and implements strategies that drive information security system designs for mission critical systems. This is a Lead Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) position. Specific duties will include:
- Develop strategic evolutions of security capabilities and architectures, including IDS, Web App, SIEM, Firewall configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide architectural support in a team environment for Software Defined Networks and Network Virtualization. Concepts must be forward thinking while significantly reducing hardware and operational costs.
- Provide strategies and establish processes to assist programs in establishing certification and accreditation necessary to operate network systems.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with key existing and prospective customers and suppliers to strengthen competitive positions and strategies for security capabilities.
- Interact externally as a consultant to customers.
- Deployment, implementation and strategy of tools and related Network Security Management Systems.
- Provide regular status reporting of security strategic projects to senior management and customers.
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for network security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Responsible for senior level incident investigation and remediation to address customer and executive level actions.
- Provide security architecture strategies and approaches to business area capture and pursuit teams seeking to broaden market opportunities and share within the network enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and minimum 9 total years related experience
o 6+ years of experience executing configuration control processes within a security engineering discipline.
o 6+ years of experience managing a complex security architecture consisting of multiple trust levels
o 6+ years of experience provisioning and operation of Security networking equipment, including IDS, Antivirus, AAA, Firewall, Security Gateway, VPN appliances, and SIEM architectures.
o 6+ years of Project engineering experience or recent experience in a lead security engineer capacity for network design projects.
- Experience with federal government security standards including NIST SP800-53, NIST SP800-160, FISMA, FIPS Pub 140-2, and others.
- Experience with networks using concepts/protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS VPNs and emerging concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Experience with LAN and datacenter technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree Protocol, and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) concepts.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS_
- CISSP certification is strongly desired.
- Experience in leading network security projects in the Government sector is strongly desired.
- Experience presenting topics in the field of information security.
- Experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Airspace System (NAS), Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Air Traffic Management (ATM) is a plus_
Monday, April 13, 2020
Monday, March 30, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!