Seeking a highly experienced Red Hat OpenShift Consultant to support a newly awarded federal contract. This is a Home Based / Telecommuter position open to anywhere within the US.
The initial contract is for a 6 month pilot and if the pilot is successful, the gov't will award a 4 year follow-on contract.
The Red Hat OpenShift Consultant will be part of a team to identify and capture legacy EHR data into AWS MIP Cloud environment in a manner that allows for safe and rapid decommissioning of a legacy EHR system decommission.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an OpenShift v4.3 technology Subject Matter Expert
- Help architect, build and maintain OpenShift infrastructure within an Amazon Web Services cloud environment
- Maintain and improve existing OpenShift infrastructure
- Administer multiple OpenShift environments.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest
- On-call support may be required
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Active Security+ CE (If no cert, will be required to obtain security+ within 2-4 weeks of starting)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Extensive experience with Red Hat OpenShift (v3x and higher)
- Extensive experience with Linux Ceph (deploy & support)
- Strong ATO experience
- General experience with Amazon Web Services or generic cloud
- Experience working within Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible
- Experience with Python and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised Desired Skills
- Understanding of DevOps and software / application development processes
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT, Chef, etc
- Ability to work remotely with limited travel to metro Washington DC (1-2 times per year)
Remote - Home Based, VA
Monday, June 29, 2020
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months w/ CTH option
Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!