Immediate need for a Senior Linux/VMware Systems Engineer, with AIX knowledge, to join our client, a premier Federal Healthcare Insurance provider, in Washington DC (with some travel to their Data Center in Columbia MD (10%)). The selected candidate will be involved in the following:
(1) The strategic planning, administration, engineering and migration efforts from AIX to Linux
(2) Involved in day-to-day administration efforts within a team environment (change PW-s, running cable, vulnerability remediation, CIS Hardening from system attacks, application support etc..
(3) This project includes infrastructure-related work that will leverage an SDLC appropriate for these types of projects (requirements analysis, design, installation, testing, and configuration of H/W and S/W components).
(4) Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the operating system and application server configurations on the AIX and Linux servers, including virtualization management.
(5) Assists Database Administrators with AIX/Linux operating system configurations related to database subsystems.
(6) Utilizes strong troubleshooting capabilities to diagnose and resolve problems
(7) Monitors and manages storage, network, and security in the assigned environment in conjunction with vendor recommendations and customer requirements.
Some travel to our clients Data Center in Columbia MD will be required (10% on average). Some travel even during COVID-19 to this location may arise. This position is a contract-to-permanent opportunity, offering career growth, stability, and a competitive salary with benefits! If you, or someone you know, would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Elite Technical Immediately!!
- 10+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance infrastructure (including DR) capabilities within an organization.
- 5+ years of experience as a RedHat Linux/VMware Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Perform senior-level Linux/VMware System administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, and maintenance
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/5.x installation on physical Blade and VMware ESXi 5, 4.1.2 Virtual Environment.
- Tivoli system automation
- GPFS installation and administration on Linux systems
- Install and configure VMware ESX server on Dell and HP server hardware.
- Have a solid understanding of SAN's and the interaction with virtual environments.
- Ability to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
- Read, modify, and create shell scripts
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
- VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
- Manage operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes for production servers (AIX and Linux).
- Demonstrated ability to manage infrastructure-related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for mainframe, distributed servers, storage, middleware, and networking)
- Knowledge of and experience in managing DR environment/configuration projects and/or other data center operations projects.
- Health Care Industry experience.
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies (e.g., IBM Pure Application)
- Good understanding of data warehouses running in AIX/ DB2 environments with Cognos as the BI reporting tool.
- Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms
- Working knowledge of network components (switches, routers, port configurations).
Monday, July 20, 2020
12 months T2P
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!