Elite Technical is seeking an DC Operations Manager for our customers Network Distribution Center located in Robbinsville, NJ. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the operations of the Distribution Centers as assigned throughout the Network, reporting to the VP of Operations. The secondary responsibility of this position is to improve safety, lower labor cost, improve material velocity, decrease shipping errors, develop future leaders, and create a Lean culture while meeting all required distribution metrics. Additional duties are, but not limited to the following: Maintenance, Quality, Vendor Management and overseeing a leadership staff of supervisors and leads.
- Track and manage results for all distribution KPIs and communication of metrics to all floor personnel. Will set and clarify requirements for supervisors.
- Responsible for leading and motivating employees, using a team approach to create a positive work environment. Accountable for management and maintenance of the facilities. Responsible for safety, quality, performance and customer experience of Inbound and Outbound operations.
- Lean training and project implementation: Analyze and develop continuous improvement initiatives and coordinate with the Transportation/Logistics Liaisons.
- Distribution Center Safety Champion: Assures employee safety initiatives support global goals. Order fulfillment Time Reduction Champion
- Spearheading development and execution of network wide continuous improvement projects, conveyer belt improvement, lean manufacturing, total quality management, collaborating closely with the Operations Excellence team.
- Manage the use of all assets including mobile material handling and fixed equipment
- Developing and assuring compliance with quality system policies and procedures to maximize customer service
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives while supporting the GM and DC to meet and exceed fulfillment requirements.
- Leverages the Operations by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT, Sales and Customer Service) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Flexibility and agility to operate at different levels of the organization, including but not limited to GM, Ops Manager and supervisor; and/or in different functional areas of operations management
This is a FTE/Direct opportunity with our client, who is offering a competitive salary, bonus and benefits plan. Please contact Elite Technical if you, or someone you know, is interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity!
- Bachelors Degree with 7+ Years of Distribution Center Management Experience (shipping, receiving, conveyer belt layout etc..)
-Must have a background/understanding of reducing waste i.e: improving distribution processes, lean manufacturing, and total quality management. Lean six sigma or kaizen understanding and/or certs a big plus
- Strong leadership, business management, planning and prioritization skills.
- SAP, HighJump or other Warehouse Management software experience
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; e-mail; Internet)
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record in Operating Excellence initiatives
Monday, May 17, 2021
Friday, April 23, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!