Elite Technical is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to lead a software development team advancing camera, sensor and payload capabilities for unmanned aircraft systems.
As a senior member of the Software Engineering Department and Product Owner and Lead for Mission software development you will:
- Lead and evangelize software development for Mission capabilities.
- Lead the software team solving complex problems with elegant software solutions
- Develop and test software using industry best practices
- Be responsible for assuring the delivery of high-quality software
- Represent software engineering internally and externally and interact with senior personnel on key technical matters
- Mentor other software engineers and advise software management
In addition to working with a fantastic group of engineers on cool technology our client's Engineering building is in Hood River, Oregon, a mecca for outdoor sports such as windsurfing, kiteboarding, mountain biking, hiking and skiing (plus many more). If you're passionate about what you do and want to live and work in an amazing place this is a great opportunity. Relocation assistance is available for a strong candidate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS degree from an accredited course of study in engineering or computer science.
Typical experience: 9-13 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or 7-11 years of experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.
- Experience leading a software development team
- Software development with C++ AND C#
- Experience developing client facing Windows applications using Windows UI presentational technologies
- Experience designing for resource constrained systems and experience with embedded and application software development
- Camera, sensor, payload a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities, careful attention to detail, open to taking direction and adapting to course corrections
- Excellent modeling, software, and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a software engineering department
- Experience with safety critical systems desired
- Experience developing systems for unmanned vehicles/drones
- Knowledge of communications, networking, and protocols desired
- Experience developing software for and integrating sensor and camera systems desired
Due to the nature of the work, any candidate seeking consideration must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining a Secret clearance.
Hood River, OR
Monday, September 28, 2020
Friday, August 21, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!